Learn more about Precious Metals Investment and Gold Refining
- How do I find out the price of gold, and other precious metals? PMT recommend visiting GoldPrice.Org where you can check the current gold spot price in any currency. They also offer mobile apps if you want to be able to check the price regularly on your phone.
- How much do you pay for scrap gold? Depending on the quality of the gold you have to sell, PMT are able to offer between 96% – 98% of the world spot price.
- What do you do with my scrap gold, and how am I paid? We separate your scrap gold into different carats, weigh it and determine the amount of pure gold in your scrap. Through the smelting and assay process, we refine your gold to 99.99% purity. We then determine the price based on the current gold spot price for the day and can pay direct to your account via EFT.
- How do I buy gold bullion from PMT? It’s very easy. Decide how much your would like to invest in gold or silver bullion and call PMT on 1300 733 463 to place your order. We will raise an invoice and send it to you. Once payment has been made and funds are cleared, you can come into PMT and pick up your gold. Australian law requires you to provide 100 points of ID. Be sure to bring in your drivers licence (with photo) or passport. Read more here…Buy Gold Bullion.
- How much gold bullion should I buy? We encourage you to talk to your trusted financial advisor for investment advice in precious metals. Research by the World Gold Council suggest 2.5% as a low-risk portfolio for beginners in gold bullion investment.
- Where can I store my gold bullion? You can store your gold in a locked safe at home or at work. If you choose to store your gold at home – be sure to keep that information private and take out insurance for the replacement value of your gold. PMT can also provide short term storage and recommend high-security storage solutions offered by local businesses over the long term.
- What is a troy ounce? A troy ounce is used to gauge the weight of precious metals such as gold, silver, platinum and palladium. There are 31.1035 grams in 1 troy ounce.
- What sizes does your gold and silver bullion come in? Our gold bullion is available as 1 ounce, 5 ounces and 10 ounces. Silver bullion comes in 10 ounces, 1 kg, 100 ounces and 5 kg.